The Development Innovations Group (DIG) seeks an experienced Financing for Sanitation Team Leader for the anticipated USAID Liberia Countywide Sanitation Activity. This five-year activity with an anticipated budget of $25 million will increase access to basic sanitation and eliminate open defecation in five counties of Liberia (Montserrado, Nimba, Lofa, Bong, and Grand Bassa). To do so, the project will partner with the Government of Liberia and local partners on four key results: 1) improved sanitation governance; 2) key sanitation behaviors adopted; 3) sanitation markets strengthened; and 4) financing for sanitation increased.
The Financing for Sanitation Team Leader will build the capacity of market system actors including banks, microfinance institutions and lending NGOs to develop bankable products and access short to long-term financing. He/she will work with financial institutions to roll-out appropriate saving and lending sanitation products for households. The Financing for Sanitation Team Leader will also work with public sector stakeholders to increase public expenditures on sanitation.
The Financing for Sanitation Team Leader will be responsible for activities leading to increased financing for sanitation in Liberia. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide day-to-day leadership and manage team implementing activities to increase household and enterprise financing options and to increase public sector expenditures in sanitation.
- Provide technical assistance to public sector representatives in finance and in analysis of and proposals for increased sanitation expenditures.
- Provide technical assistance to financial sector representatives to design and roll out sanitation products for SMEs and households.
- Conduct market assessments.
- Work closely and coordinate with other program component team leaders to ensure overall success of the Liberia Countrywide Sanitation Activity.
- Maintain a clear understanding of Liberia’s financial sector related to sanitation.
- Assist with capacity building of project staff to develop job skills, support staff with templates and reporting guidelines as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant field.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant professional experience in public sector financing and banking, including demonstrated experience in financial product development.
- Knowledge and experience with financing options for sanitation.
- Knowledge of tools for expenditure tracking.
- Experience in building staff capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal fluency in English.
- Extensive experience working in developing countries, preferably in West Africa (Liberia experience highly preferred).
- Strong inclusive leadership and management skills.
- Strong ability to effectively coordinate, manage, and deal with diverse stakeholders and with differing priorities and perspectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills.
- Good experience and skills in the design, implementation and measurement of complex, integrated programming that emphasizes the role of equity, inclusion, and other social determinants in achieving transformative change.
- USAID project experience is preferred.
Please send CV, cover letter, and 3 references to email@example.com
DIG fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance.