DIG is seeking a part-time, short-term (3-month, with potential to be extended) Accounting Assistant/Intern (preferably in college working towards an Accounting/Finance degree). While DIG is currently teleworking, the Accounting Assistant/Intern will need to be available to work in the office on an as-needed basis and return to work at our Bethesda, Maryland office once DIG returns to the office full-time. The Accounting Assistant/Intern will work as member of Finance/Administration team to support DIG’s international development programs internationally and address home office accounting needs. This is a paid internship.
General accounting duties including:
- Accounts payable, journal entries and reconciliation of general ledger accounts including inter-company revenue/expense accounts and intra-company payables/receivables.
- Reconcile Field General Ledger Balances (QuickBooks to Microsoft Dynamics SL).
- Coordinate with the Field offices to identify and resolve outstanding accounting issues.
- Update Cash Transfer Schedule quarterly as required for annual audit.
- Assist with financial reporting and regulatory audits.
- Assist, as required, with field audits, training of field accountants, and compliance visits.
- Assist with Ad-hoc reports, projects, and activities, as required.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Working towards a degree in Accounting/ Finance.
- Related experience, preferably in a for-profit accounting setting.
- Knowledge of for-profit accounting practices, USAID regulations, and multi-currency accounting preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications required.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL preferred.
- Given the current remote work environment, this individual must have strong technology trouble-shooting skills.
- Excellent problem solving, research and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in team environment.
- Availability to travel, as required (once it is safe to do so again).
- Fluent English required; second language preferred.
Please send CV, cover letter, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Development Innovations Group is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.